Sunday, December 6, 2009

Now we wait


David and I went to Birmingham this morning for the embryo transfer. Dr Allemand came in to talk with us about the number and the quality of the blastocast. When I signed my consents for this retrival I said I wanted to place three blastocast this time. Dr Allemand went over their quality. It is based on a scale from one to five, five being best. This time I had a two and a one. So, not exactly what I wanted to hear. I had another that was also a one. The Dr said he would normally place two with a woman of my age but he also understood that I have been trying for a long time and didn't want me to have any regrets. Well, here comes the tears. I don't know what to do, I look over at Dave and he has tears in his eyes. I ask him what to do and he said it is up to me. Can you say pressure. WHEW!! Dave said he felt I would regret it if I didn't put all three. I said yeah your probably right so we went with three. So we have to sign consent forms changing it from two to three. Everythign kinda happened fast. I said a quick little prayer and started to think what was the best thing to do. I told Dr Allemand I had a question so he walked back over to me and I asked him what would he do if I was his wife. He chuckled and said that scientifcally speaking he would place two but he has never had to go trough what we have. I asked for the negative things of going with three and he went over the risk of muliple births and all the risk that go with that and that it may cause the other two from having a better shot of implanting but he really couldn't say. So, I changed my mind again. I went back to two. I want to do what is best, I want this more than anything but I want to be smart about it. I asked the nurse how my lining looked, she measured it and said it was a 1.2 and anything over a .9 is good. So, there have been two embryos placed. I will continue my crinone in the mornings and my progesertone shots in the evening until I take the pregnancy test in two weeks. So now we wait......

2 comments:

Ford Family said...

Tears filled my eyes as I read this... I love yall so, so much & wish I could help make all your dreams come true!! You know you stay in my thoughts and prayers!!

April said...

I can't imagine, Heather, I truly can't. I really have no words other than to say I hope you know how many people are praying for you both!