Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Egg Retrieval

David and I headed to Birmingham this morning for the egg retrieval procedure. The nurse had a little trouble with getting my IV started but other than that everything went well. Compared to the last retrieval this one didn't hurt like it did last time. Dr Honea was performing the procedure today and was able to retrieve thirteen eggs. That is a few less than last time but we are focusing on the quality not the quantity. I will receive a call tomorrow to let me know how many eggs have fertilized. Just getting this procedure behind me has lifted a little stress. I am so happy that I don't have to have a shot again until Thursday night. YEAH!! We are scheduled to return for the implantation on Sunday.

1 comment:

April said...

Praying for you both! You're so strong!