Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Egg Retrieval in Birmingham

Heather, Gloria (Mama), and I woke up at 5:00 A.M. this morning to make are way to Birmingham. We got to Birmingham around 8:00 A.M. They took Heather and I back to the procedure room where they hooked her up to all the machines. The nurse explained to us that the egg retrieval would only take about 10 mins. then she would be in recovery. After they took Heather back to retrieve the eggs, I went and took care of my little part in this baby making miracle. After the egg retrieval, Heather came out of the procedure room with some minor pain but she was doing great. The nurse told us that they retrieved 17 eggs. The nurse explained to us that not all the eggs would mature, nor will all the eggs retrieved be of good quality. They will inform us tomorrow of how many eggs that are mature at the time of fertilization. Heather is recovering nicely here at home. Blaze has not left her side since we have been home. We have to return to Birmingham on Monday for the Embryo Transfer. We will then make the decision on how many embryos to place in Heather. We will update everybody on Monday Night.

3 comments:

Ford Family said...

Awww! I love that Dave did the post this time!!

Wes Oden said...

YEA!!!! I am so excited for ya'll! I love the blog. I thought of you this morning. I will continue to check in and see how everything is going. Love, Emily Oden

Unknown said...

"Where Hope Grows, Miracles Happen" Thank you for sending me this link, I am so going to miss you but you and Dave will always be in my thoughts and prayers.